FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Frequently Asked Questions
1. HOW MUCH DOES THE HOP SWAP IT MESSAGING SYSTEM COST TO USE?
This messaging system is completely free. Free to the establishment and to your customers.
2. DO WE NEED TO SIGN ANY CONTRACTS OR PARTNERSHIPS IN ORDER TO USE HOP SWAP IT?
No. We do not require any contracts, partnership or subscriptions in order to use this product.
3. HOW ARE YOU ABLE TO PROVIDE THIS PRODUCT FOR FREE?
We provide several high-end paid services and products that allow us to provide this base service for free.
4. WHAT FEATURES ARE PROVIDED IN THE FREE SERVICE?
An unlimited amount of waitlist customers and a customized outgoing message.
5. CAN MY CUSTOMIZED OUTGOING MESSAGE INCLUDE A LINK?
Yes. Your message can include a link to your company website, feedback form, or even a menu for customers to look at while they wait.
6. DO MY CUSTOMERS NEED TO HAVE AN IPHONE?
No. The app is also available for Android.
7. DO MY CUSTOMERS HAVE TO GIVE THEIR PRIVATE NUMBER FOR ALL TO HEAR?
No. You will never need to ask for a number nor will the customer need to say aloud what their number is within a crowded waiting area. The HSI Logger captures a code given by their phone. The logger will then display the name and number of the customer. Keeping the information private between venue and customer.
8. WHAT IF THE CLIENTELE WE CATER TO ALSO WISH TO REMAIN PRIVATE WITH US, THE VENUE?
The customer can remain completely private by choosing to remain anonymous. By their selection they can choose with each use whether to give the establishment their name and number or display the code that keeps their identity completely private, displaying a nonsensical line of text on the the HSI Logger.
9. WHAT IS THE HSI LOGGER?
The HSI Logger, available at the App Store, is the app that the establishment will need to download onto their iPad in order to generate the wait list. The HSI Logger does this by capturing the code generated by smartphones that download the Hop Swap IT app.
10. WHERE DO MY CUSTOMERS GO TO GET HOP SWAP IT?
For iPhones it is available at the App Store and for Android at Google Play. It is completely free and takes only about 15 seconds to download and less than a minute to complete the one-time setup.
11. WHAT IF A CUSTOMER REFUSES TO DOWNLOAD AND/OR USE HOP SWAP IT?
No problem. Just add the party and size as usual but instead of capturing a code the customer will have to give their name for you to enter. Of course, by doing so, the customer will need to remain in the wait area and will not have the freedom your Hop Swap IT customers enjoy.
12. HOW DO I ADD THE PARTY NOT USING HOP SWAP IT TO THE HSI LOGGER?
After clicking Add Person in the HSI Logger, tap on the area to the right of the Back button. Enter the name of the party. Press the keyboard dismissal, which is a key located to the bottom right on the apple pop up keyboard. Press the Back button. Party should now be entered in the list.
13. I USE A POINT OF SALE SYSTEM THAT ISSUES A RETURN NUMBER THAT WE CALL.
Most POS systems allow you to enter a name. After the user shows their phone, the HSI Logger assigns a letter with up to a two-digit number (e.g. A-2). This is entered into the POS system instead of their name. Most people can only recall up to five digits quickly, this reduces transposing mistakes. Upon completion of the order, tap the line on the HSI Logger with the code matching the POS kitchen ticket/service receipt to page customer for their return.
14. WHY ARE CUSTOMERS NO LONGER RECEIVING MESSAGES AFTER CHANGING MY OUTGOING MESSAGE?
Some characters are not available for your customized outgoing message. Be sure to remove any apostrophe's and quotes from the outgoing message.
15. WHAT IF I DON'T HAVE WIFI?
You can get wifi for your iPad by tethering it to a smart phone with a mobile data plan or by using a mifi mobile hotspot device. The cost usually remains less than $45.00 a month.